Thought yesterday would be another mundane day with the usual boring old routine of meeting my mum for dinner and then some harmless shopping. Never did i thought i would witness this following scene.
Lying motionless on a stingy corner of the seat at a bus stop she was. Her umbrella that must have been served as her walking cane lying at an awkward angle on the floor. Probably spunned out from the clutches of her feeble grip. People from all walks of life flocked around her, forming a many-headed beast. One or two fished out their mobilephones, hitting the keypads with all their might. Perhaps to contact the granny's next of kin or dialling for the paramedics. the rest of the typical busybodies stayed on, as if they were watching an action packed thriller movie. I was completely clueless about what was going on but my gut feeling told me she had fainted. One fat and hot acidic tear fell from my thin slit eyes. I wiped them away instantly. My mum was just seating beside me in the bus. The last thing i needed was for her to think i'm a freak. I dont know why but I found myself praying. Dear father in heaven, please watch over the old granny. I pray that she'll be fine. In jesus most precious name, amen. i glanced the winding road at the opposite side. a red and white van, with its roaring wailing sirens caught my attention. I eyed it. It whizzed past me within seconds. Hopefully, that attention seeking vehicle is going to rescue the old lady. I spent my time in the bus pondering over these thoughts following after. Sigh, dont you just have to agree with me that life is so vulnerable. One great minute you are up and well. And then the next minute you might find yourself plunging to the ground, totally oblivious of what's going around. That's what life is all about, huh? We grumble all day and night long. We dont appreciate things our loved ones do for us. We frequently lie and practice favouritism. We curryflavour with our superordinate half the time. We go around talebearing and spreading malicious stories. We get envious and peeved easily, sometimes for no reason or rhyme. We procrastinate and spend most of our time daydreaming instead of doing stuffs we ought to do. Maybe these are the common traits of human. Maybe that is why we cant be sin-free unlike Jesus. Here you go, this entry's my two cents worth about life.
Lying motionless on a stingy corner of the seat at a bus stop she was. Her umbrella that must have been served as her walking cane lying at an awkward angle on the floor. Probably spunned out from the clutches of her feeble grip. People from all walks of life flocked around her, forming a many-headed beast. One or two fished out their mobilephones, hitting the keypads with all their might. Perhaps to contact the granny's next of kin or dialling for the paramedics. the rest of the typical busybodies stayed on, as if they were watching an action packed thriller movie. I was completely clueless about what was going on but my gut feeling told me she had fainted. One fat and hot acidic tear fell from my thin slit eyes. I wiped them away instantly. My mum was just seating beside me in the bus. The last thing i needed was for her to think i'm a freak. I dont know why but I found myself praying. Dear father in heaven, please watch over the old granny. I pray that she'll be fine. In jesus most precious name, amen. i glanced the winding road at the opposite side. a red and white van, with its roaring wailing sirens caught my attention. I eyed it. It whizzed past me within seconds. Hopefully, that attention seeking vehicle is going to rescue the old lady. I spent my time in the bus pondering over these thoughts following after. Sigh, dont you just have to agree with me that life is so vulnerable. One great minute you are up and well. And then the next minute you might find yourself plunging to the ground, totally oblivious of what's going around. That's what life is all about, huh? We grumble all day and night long. We dont appreciate things our loved ones do for us. We frequently lie and practice favouritism. We curryflavour with our superordinate half the time. We go around talebearing and spreading malicious stories. We get envious and peeved easily, sometimes for no reason or rhyme. We procrastinate and spend most of our time daydreaming instead of doing stuffs we ought to do. Maybe these are the common traits of human. Maybe that is why we cant be sin-free unlike Jesus. Here you go, this entry's my two cents worth about life.
We brought nothing into this world when we are born, therfore we can take nothing when we leave.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home