Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hello my Friend...

Little precious ones, eyes staring innocently at you. Their two front teeth, still on its way growing out.

And he comes running to you, whispering to you secrets of his life and his family. An only child too. Unhappy childhood, witnessing parents fighting and quarreling. He doesn't understands it all. He is puzzled, he is miserable. How do you feel? Why is he so much like me, you ask? Taking sides. Who do you choose?
"I respect my daddy, but why does he not respect me in return?"

"When Mommy and Daddy quarrels, Mommy will take my hand and brush away Daddy's hands from mine. I don't understand why."
Words from a seven year old little boy.

"My dear, try to shake these scenes off your mind. Think of the times you feel happy with them. When you grow up, you will understand."

That was what I wanted to tell him. But I didn't. I was afraid it would be too abstract for him. I told him superficial stuffs. "Don't worry, your parents definitely love you. It will all be all right." Was that enough for him? I don't know. I really don't know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home